To get the discount, please place an order through Paragon's website via Secure Order or Print & Fax function, type in KORYUEN2008 in the Coupons & Promotions box when checking out. (The discount will be accepted only from these two ordering methods, not by phone or email or regular fax not printed from their website).
The KORYUEN2008 code cannot be used in combination with other discount or promotion offered by Paragon, but as long as its cancellation is not announced, you can use it unlimited time with unlimited amount of purchase!!!
Here's a sample of how it works:
First of all, go to their website at http://www.paragonbook.com and then -
1. Select and add books into your shopping bag.
2. In the Shopping Bag page, type KORYUEN2008 in Coupons and Promotions box.
3. Choose your order method: Secure Order or Print and Fax Order.
4. If you choose Print and Fax order, please fax your order to +1-312-663-5177.
5. If you choose Secure Order, please proceed to log in with your username and password (if you already have an account), or choose First Time Checkout.
6. Fill out all the billing, shipping and payment information and click Place Order.
7. You will shortly receive an email confirmation of your order.
Many of the publications announced in this site are available through Paragon even if they are not indicated as such, so please check with their website for availability.
I went through all the shopping procedures myself, and found it fairly easy. Their site does all the complicated calculations including shipping cost, and even the math for discount! For those of you who do not like to send credit card information through the internet, the "Print & Fax" option would be desirable - their site creates an order form with the items of your choice, so that you can simply print it out, fill in with your credit-card and shipping info by hand, and fax it to them.
Paragon Book Gallery offers this discount service to the Koryuen visitors (i.e., YOU!), as they can be of great help for you when you wish to buy netsuke-related publications seen in this site and many more that would be found in their site (as you may know, they have a VERY wide selection of new and second-hand publications on Asian arts and Asian studies). They would also like you to use their website more often, since it is more efficient, and the site provides more up-to-date and comprehensive information than thier printed catalogues do.